THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Mary Lynn Kempf is in charge of account access, supplies, and repairs. Report any unclearable jams, supply requests, and other issues to her.
- Mike Tuntland is responsible for the network integration of the printers. Issues with the print server, printing from the workstations, or other network settings can be reported to him.
- Please remember, 'it is a machine, made of plastic parts" (directly from our Xerox rep). Slamming doors will do nothing to fix a problem.
- Humidity is the machines enemy (especially in Xerox West). Keep doors closed so that the air-conditioning can do its job. The machine's internal parts cannot tolerate humidity.
ADVANCED COPY FEATURES
Want to make a booklet, staple a job, or create posters??? Open the manual, hit CTRL-F and type in what keyword you are looking for to learn more about that feature. The new machines have a lot of potential!
No more printing and worrying about your job walking away or worse yet, printing confidential files only to learn a student picked it up instead!
TO SAVE FOR LATER PICKUP
The Secure Print job type allows you to print a job after you select your user identification and enter your passcode at the printer control panel.
1. In the print driver, click Paper/Output, click the Job Type menu, then click Secure Print.
2. In the Secure Print window, type and confirm a 1- to 12-digit passcode.
3. Click OK
TO RETRIEVE AT THE PRINTER
1. On the control panel, press the Job Status button.
2. Touch the Secure Print Jobs & More tab, then touch Secure Print.
3. Touch your user identification in the list, then touch Job List.
4. Enter the passcode using the alphanumeric keypad, then touch Confirm.
5. Touch the document in the job list. If desired, enter the print quantity using the alphanumeric keypad.
6. Touch Print.
7. To delete the job, touch Delete.
SCAN TO NETWORK
You can scan documents directly to our network to be saved as JPG, PDF, or TIFF files.
The files will be store in the Teacher Shared folder on the network under XEROX SCANS
SCAN TO USB
You can scan a document directly to a USB thumb drive. Simply insert a thumb drive into the USB port located on the top of the machine.
Click on STORE TO USB app and follow the on-screen directions.
CAUTION: DO NOT UNPLUG ANY USB DEVICE UNTIL THE MACHINE PROMPTS YOU!
MACHINE SECURITY CODES
Because of the new capabilities, and the ability to access our network folders, we must install security settings on our copy machines that are in reach of students.
You will need your code in order to operate any feature. If you don't remember your code, see Mary Lynn. Codes are the same for all Xerox products in the building (Xerox West, Xerox Library, Xerox Office, and Xerox RE) . No code has a password (unless you want one).
DO NOT GIVE YOUR CODE TO A STUDENT OR GUEST EVER! Anyone requiring access to use the machine, can pickup a guest code from Mary Lynn.